Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another resturant question

I am reading thru some of the resturant posts...some list the KampaPark as very good and another just recent post did not even meantion it. I just received an email from my German friend who I will be traveling to Prague with and she wants me to reserve a couple of resturants for our 4 day trip in November. What would you recommend for two women....I like the looks and people watching atmosphere as much as the food....I don%26#39;t know her that well but I think she has pretty sophisticated food tastes from the places I have been taken to while visiting Germany. Any help would really be appreciated as I will feel a little responsible for my choices. I would like to do two upscale resturants and 2 pub/beer type places with simple but good local foods. Thanks!




|||



Kogo at Slovansky Dum has great Mediterranean food and is great for people watching.




|||



I would reserve a table by the window in Kampa Park and as another upscale option Pravda.That is where people go to to be seen. Cheaper restaurants, but very good are Kogo restaurants (one in Havelska, one in Slovansky Dum and D%26#39;Angolo in Dlouha) or the Ambiente restaurants www.ambi.cz. Or Cafe Colonial in Siroka.




|||



Martina,





Would you go upstairs or downstairs at Pravda?





Jason




|||



Thanks for the info. When I go to eat at a resturant in a foreign country I want to really feel like I am in the country if that makes sense. When I am in China I eat chinese....Germany...German food. In the US we always go to different ethnic resturants...so for me its a treat to get to try the local dishes while in that particular country. I have never been to Prague and I hope I can experience the true culture of Prague....although with todays easy global access to everything I think every country is a mixture of many cultures....I am making online reservations at KampaPark today and am curious about the upstairs/downstairs issue at Pravda.




|||



I haven%26#39;t been in a while -- but used to be that downstairs, by the water has the best views of the Charles Bridge, but was a glassed in area that had portable heaters.




|||



I emailed the Kampa Park and got a reservation right away today...love the internet!




|||



HI Jason! I like to be on the street level, as I love to sse who walks by - with all the celebraties visiting, that can be interesting.





KG, if you want to visit a real Czech pub/ restaurant, go to %26quot;U Tunich%26quot;, which is about 10 min from Muzeum Metro/ National Museum. www.vtunich.cz will not help you much, it is only in Czech, but just in case. They do really good Czech food at really low prices (Lunch menu for less than 100KC = less than 4 Euros). Friendly service and menues with english translation. (V Tunich 14, 224 942 889)




|||



If we want to people watch should we be dining during the daylight hours....just curious! That pub sounds great Martina...we will do that. I have Kampa Park reserved for Sat night of our stay...they were so fast in replying. They did not answer my questions about credit cards...do the high end resturants take credit cards....remember I am an American were we even use credit cards at MacDonald%26#39;s!!




|||



all decent restaurants take credit cards. V Zatisi in the old town is very good




|||



Thanks Peg....I was so suprised as to how few high end resturants in Germany took credit cards so thats why I wanted to know...it sure saves having to have a lot of cash to tote around.

No comments:

Post a Comment