Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reasonably priced place to eat before opera

I am flying into Prague on 15 December. Should get to my hotel about 4.30 pm. I have taken a risk that I%26#39;m not going to get any delays (!) and booked to see La Traviata at the national state opera house. I am staying at KK Central. The opera starts at 7 pm. Timing is going to be a bit tight.





Can someone recommend somewhere to eat before the opera. It would need to be somewhere close to the opera or is the food ok at the KK Central?





Can someone tell me how far away the KK Central is to the opera house? Can I walk it or should I book a taxi?



Thanks




|||



You can walk to the opera; right next to it is the restaurant Zahrada, that is very nice and used to early dinners for opera visitors.




|||



Thanks. Looks good on the website. Should I book or do you think I can just turn up? Also, If I got to the restaurant do you think that will give me enough time to eat and get to the opera, or should I aim to get to the restaurant earlier?




|||



There is no need to book. The restaurant is right next to the opera, so you have full control over your time.




|||



You can also eat at Zahrada v opere after the opera (especially as your stomach will still be on English time!) It has a better atmosphere then, imo, and you can enjoy your meal at a more leisurely pace. Would recomend booking a table - went there this week and the place was basically full. Food is good, although avoid the duck as a fellow diner found it quite tough. The plum strudl is very good!




|||



I recommend the nasi goreng -- Indonesian rice with chicken, seafood, and lime leaves.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment