Tuesday, April 24, 2012

tipping in Prague

In America we tip for just about everything...so I am clueless about the customs in Prague. Do I tip in the resturants?? Shuttle bus driver from the airport? Staff at the hotel?? I just want to do the right thing....thanks!




|||



I am giving 10% plus, if the service is good.Otherwise strictly nothing.




|||



So if I understand correctly they will not add a service charge on the bill....I just don%26#39;t want to double tip as I have mistakenly done in other countries.




|||



most restaurants don%26#39;t add a service charge like in the US. Some add a cover charge, but it is rarely over 50 crowns (couple of dollars) a head.




|||



I heard that you should ask for your bill to be itemized. Is this true? LOL. Maybe you can be my tour guide and just figure it out for me, Martina. LOL!! Ciao.




|||



most reputable restaurants will provide you with an itemised bill as as standard. Other less reputable restaurants just provide a till receipt with numbers, which you then need to figure out what is what. If you smell a rat, ask for the menu - it normally produces another (smaller) bill




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 24, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment