Thursday, March 29, 2012

National Theatre gallery seats

I%26#39;m not very wealthy (wouldn%26#39;t say I%26#39;m a poor beggar, but a student sometimes feels like one) and would like to go to the ballet Onegin in january. There are gallery seats for the first and second gallery that cost a few euros.





Are these any good? Can you see the stage or is everything far, far away?




|||



first gallery is obviously better than the second. You can see the stage, but it is down below. The seats go all the way round the auditorium, so it helps if you can get a front row seat, wherever situated. Don%26#39;t book this if you suffer from vertigo




|||



Okay, thanks a lot. I%26#39;ll discuss it with my fellow traveler and then we might book some first gallery seats. The theatre looks wonderful and I think it could be a good night out.




|||



good night out and ballet don%26#39;t go together in the same sentence for me. But everyone has different tastes




|||



When I visited Prague I had never been to an opera or ballet but I went with my husband to see Aida at the State Opera House , did not understand a word of it but sat there absolutely spellbound by the theatre itself it is wonderful !! Then another time I went with my friend to the ballet at The National Theatre again it was an inforgettable exprerience not to be missed and so cheap , even if like me you wern%26#39;t keen please try them Im sure you will be impressed




|||



Nanaphyl, to me it%26#39;s also the whole atmosphere that makes it worthwhile.




|||



We saw the Nutcracker at the National Theater from what we call the %26quot;nose bleed%26quot; seats. It was not so bad -- we enjoyed the show. And the price was right.




|||



What are nose bleed seats?




|||



%26quot;nose bleed%26quot; seats derives trom the presumption that the seats are so high up that the decrease in air pressure at that altitude would cause a nose to bleed




|||



:D





I decided to go with the parter loge 9. It cost a bit more, but I%26#39;d rather pay a bit extra than to have blood dripping onto my fancy clothes...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment