Tuesday, March 27, 2012

wenceslas sq food kiosk rip off

Last wednesday I bought a 40 crown



sausage in a roll from the kiosk before



you turn left down to Tescos at the end of



wenceslas sq.





Handing over a 200 crown note,when



I recieved my change it was coins



wrapped up in a 100 crown note.





Having my other hand full with



the food I just put the change into a empty pocket,



after eating the food I checked my change



and found 23 crown in coins with 100 crown



note,but it was to late to point the %26quot;mistake %26quot; out.





The next night I thought I would see if the same



thing happened,so I made for the same lady



who served me the night before and asked for



the same food and after recieving the food



handed her another 200 crown note,but



this time when she gave me my change



I balanced the sausage roll on the kiosk



and checked the change,and it was exactly



the same as the night before,when I pointed



it out to her she started going on in czech



before handing me the missing change,then



I told her she had done the same thing the night



before and I only bought it that night to



see if she tried the same con,I then threw the sausage roll



untouched in the bin by the kiosk, she looked as though she



was going to die with embarresment since there were



a lot of people looking on.





She knew by giving my change in this way



I could not check my change with one hand full of food,



so just a warning if you do use one of these kiosks



find somewhere to put your food and check your change



before moving away.






|||



Next time, just give her 40kc and she can%26#39;t rip you off. You weren%26#39;t wearing a football shirt at the time were you :-)





Jason




|||



sova - why would it make a difference if you were wearing a football t shirt




|||



Too bad. Those sausages are pretty good.





Nice detective work.




|||



We were ripped off in the old town having asked for 4 drinks we were charged200 over.



Do they think we are stupid I always check change




|||



Hi



A similar thing happened to my son at the hot dog stand in Malostranska Namesti, but we went back and confronted the boy. He then found he couldn%26#39;t speak english only Czech and German, luckily we had a fluent German speaker with us and we managed to get our money back. It didn%26#39;t spoil our trip only made us more aware.



I think lots of people who work on these stands all over the world are probably chancers who will try it on with foreigners.



By the way we weren%26#39;t wearing foot ball shirts if that makes a difference.



We all still love Prague and can%26#39;t wait for our next visit at the begining of October.



Jackie




|||



Tottie,





I thought swanseajack1 was pretty savvy to even count his change. The women in the food kiosks would generally take one look at a football shirt wearing lad and think that this is somebody who is not going to count the change. It doesn%26#39;t take long on Wenceslas Square to see that most of the %26quot;football crowd%26quot; just want quick beerfood between drinks and they don%26#39;t normally pay too much attention to the change which is why this happens. You%26#39;ll find most Czechs over 30 will stand at the till and count the money before they leave. Also the new kiosks in Wenceslas have a ledge outside the cooking area to put the food on but, the older ones (like at the back of Kotva) still have the old %26quot;pass through%26quot; window.





Brewsta,





Never mind, I%26#39;m sure it didn%26#39;t stay in the bin too long.





Jason




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:09 am, December 17, 2006


|||



I think anyone who is so desperate to buy food from a hotdog stand in Wenceslas Sqaure deserves to be ripped off - you can get much healthier fare throughout the city





LOL indeed, I fear much of their business comes from the %26quot;lads%26quot; as sova suggests. Those nice big sausages do look tasty at 3 in the morning after many beers!





I don%26#39;t deny I sometimes buy the little white ones in a sandwich as it is the closest i have ever come to American breakfast sausage...




|||



No not a football shirt in sight.





And its great to have a %26quot;local expert%26quot; saying tourists deserve



to be robbed for buying from these unhealthy stalls, just goes to



show what sc um these lowlifes really are.





Great advert for your city.




|||



Thanks for this tip off - we are going to Prague in December and will be checking our change more carefully now than we would have done.





The trouble is with most cities in Europe there will always be some type of scam going on whether you are in Rome, Barcelona, Budapest etc etc...and London I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment