Thursday, March 29, 2012

Prague - then where?

We are going to Prague in May 07



We are thinking of staying 4 -5 days (is that enough time?) then heading somewhere else on the train. Any suggestions? We were thinking Vienna but I%26#39;m open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for all input.




|||



If you don%26#39;t mind a 4 1/2 hour train ride, think about a trip to Berlin. It%26#39;s an unbelievably vibrant city with tons of things to see and do. Lots of history and great restaurants. I think four to five days in Prague is an adequate amount of time to see most of the major sites, but it%26#39;s such a neat city you%26#39;ll want to come back a second time and really explore it in more detail. Have a great trip.




|||



think I would be looking towards POLAND.




|||



I suggest you Vienna or Budapest. I%26#39;ve never been in Vienna (it%26#39;s my dream city, I hope I could go sometime) but I%26#39;ve been in Budapest and it%26#39;s a dream city in general. It%26#39;s more than beautiful!



Think about it!




|||



Berlin is fabulous! The newly created island of museums is a must. And you can visit Dreden on the way...




|||



Hi



I would go to Bratislava, it is a delightful city. Not too big but with lots of beautiful buildings, very interesting sculptures all over the town centre and a brilliant cafe life, oh and it%26#39;s very cheap too.



Budapest after Prague would be too big a disappointment, but if you chose Bratislava you could have a day in Vienna travelling on the Twin City Liner, which is a fab experience in itself.



Jackie




|||



i would go for vienna - steer clear of poland. The twin city liner trip that Jackie says is a hydrofoil that runs between the two cities - city centre to city centre. It is not cheap, but the river trip is fabulous and a day in Bratislava is all you need




|||



I%26#39;m doing Berlin, Dresden, Prague, 3 days in each, by train...





I heard Krakow Poland area is very interesting and cheaper, but never have been there...




|||



i went to krakow about a month ago



although i stayed only one day i was amazed by the city.



i think the greatest part is protected by unesco







i recommend it to any one but i think is a little to far from prague. my first option whould be berlin








|||



If I have 24 hours to spend between Dresden and Prague in December, what is an easy place to get to, spend a night and have interesting things to see? I%26#39;ll be with my son, a teenaged boy. A day of skiing would be nice for him.




|||



you can do a days skiing in the krkonose mountains which are less than 3 hours from prague. buses leave regularly from cerny most metro station. Don%26#39;t know how long you are staying in dresden or prague, but most of the places i visit, I always think, if only I had an extra day ... I would use that extra day either in prague or dresden

No comments:

Post a Comment