Thursday, March 29, 2012

Municiple Building Tour

How would one arrange this and any idea how much it costs?




|||



http://www.obecnidum.cz/e_index.htm



go to this web site,you can book on line.



in the winter time tours are not run everyday and when they are they are often done in more than one language.They are well worth going to.I did one in march this year and really enjoyed it ,i think the cost was about 150czk



after the tour make sure you visit one of the bars in the Municiple House,I loved the American bar,yes its more expensive than many places but the decor is just stunning.




|||



booking the day before at the municipal house bookshop on the ground floor is normally sufficient




|||



They don%26#39;t have the tour dates up for January yet so I%26#39;ll just have to wait and see. Thanks.




|||



I had to wait till a couple of weeks before I arrived in Prague to find out about the tour times.As Peb says booking the day before should be fine,the reason i booked on line was because it was there and i was trying to organise my sunday in Prague,but that all went out the window when the football game I was hoping to see was cancelled due to frost.




|||



we%26#39;ve only got 1 1/2 days in Prague so trying to get as much as I can organised in advance.





How long does the tour last?




|||



I think the tour took about an hour,can%26#39;t be specific as we had a becherovka before we went in and another when we came out in the American bar downstairs.



If you click on %26quot;more about unclegus%26quot; and look at my pictures,there is a shot of me drinking becherovka in the american bar of the Municiple House.




|||



1.5 hours. If you only have a day and a half for the whole of prague, unless you are really into art deco architecture, I wouldn%26#39;t spend 1.5 hours in the municipal house.




|||



Don%26#39;t worry, I%26#39;m not coming to %26#39;do%26#39; Prague, save that for a trip with my husband. I%26#39;m bringing my daughter on an %26#39;Art trip%26#39; she%26#39;s studying Art Nouveau and focusing on Mucha so thought I%26#39;d treat her and deepen her appreciation. Not the same just looking at pictures in a book.




|||



I presume you know about the Mucha museum in Prague.



www.mucha.cz/index.phtml?S=home%26Lang=EN



it is quite small but very interesting,been several years since I was in it though.




|||



Yes thank you, it kind of led me here after I realised there was no point in going to Glasgow to do Rennie McIntosh while we were in Scotland over the New Year. (as the whole Rennie %26#39;year%26#39; has finished and we%26#39;d missed the boat!) Can%26#39;t quite believe a random Google Mucha click resulted in the purchase of 2 easyjet tickets. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment