Thursday, March 29, 2012

More time in Prague or Budapest

We are traveling to Prague, Budapest and on to Croatia. We are trying to figure out how much time in Prague versus Budapest. Right now we are thinking 2 nights Prague (3 full days), sleeper car to Budapest and then 4 nights (4 full days) Budapest. Or, 3 nights Prague and 3 Budapest? Help! I can%26#39;t make up my mind!!





We%26#39;re hoping to catch a flight from Budapest to Dubrovnik. The problem is that we aren%26#39;t going until September 2007 (I know, it is killing me!). From what I can tell, it is too early to book the sleeper train and a flight from Budapest to Dubrovnik. Am I wrong?





I%26#39;m having so much fun reading all the advice. I wish I was going NOW!




|||



Two nights are not enough for a good look at the prettiest city in Europe, I think. I don%26#39;t think you have to book now, I would wait until half a year before traveling.




|||



Prague is in my opinion much nicer and beautiful than Budapest. Therefore I would spend more time there than in Budapest! I´,m from Madrid and live in Vienna and I think Prague is the most beautiful City in Europe!




|||



I love Budapest (not been to Prague yet- only 12 days to go, woo!) but I would say you need 3 days in Budapest, to see and do it all it has to offer. I think its a lovely city, steeped in history and character. Therefore I would have 3 days in each.





Hope this helps.





Gemma




|||



We spent 4 nights last month in Prague and wish we had had one more!




|||



Both cities are equally beautiful (OK I think Budapest is a little prettier).



However, Budapest has more to see than Prague, I%26#39;ve stayed there 4 days and they weren%26#39;t enough.



In Prague 4 days was enough and we%26#39;ve also made an excursion at Karlovy Vary.





The decision is yours.





Have a really nice trip




|||



We are retuning to Prague for a 3rd time this Christmas, we were in Budapest once so we prefer Prague.




|||



An Hungarian friend, who is in travel business once said to me: I must admit, Prague has everything that Budapest has, but better. And more.





I share that opinion.




|||



Thanks so much for your replies. I think we%26#39;ll keep our plans the way they are.





When is a good time to reserve a sleeper car from Prague to Budapest?




|||



cheaper to buy the ticket here. Buy them when you arrive. One or two days in advance is normally sufficient unless it is holiday time




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment