Tuesday, March 27, 2012

careful at airport!

Just returned from prague.if you buy your alcohol outside airport you cannot take it with you,even if you stick to 1 litre.we got 2 bottles of booze taken off us as all drink taken on plane has to be bought at the duty free shop;and sealed in plastic bags with a special tag! Even though the customs could see that metal seal on the bottle was intact they stil wouldnt allow it,this is clearly unfair and gives dyty free shops at prague a monopoly!






|||



sorry but that is now standard policy in all airports in Europe if not the whole world.Liquids can only be taken onboard if purchased after security points.



If you had places the bottles in your hold luggage it would not be a problem.




|||



totally agree with unclegus. Prague aiport is not doing anything different that other European (including Scottish) airports do. It does give an unfair monopoly to duty free shops, which is obviously one of the reasons why those airports which are really shopping centres with a few aircraft stands attached are so keen on the new rules




|||



This is probably a dumb question but I%26#39;m gonna ask it anyway... Does that rule count when liquid is in the case? I was gonna buy some wine while we are there and wrap it well in my case. I don%26#39;t want to do that if I%26#39;ll have to end up leaving it at the airport.





Gemma




|||



if you put whatever wine or other liquid in your suitcase and check it in (as opposed to take it as hand luggage), you have no restrictions - but then you need to take care that the wine won%26#39;t smash and all the other things in your suitcase are ruined.





It is a real pain when you go to sunnier climes, as all the decent wine is bought not at the airport, but in small local shops




|||



is prague within the eu now cause if it is looks like im loading my suitcase with booze lol




|||



when will people in the uk look outside of their own country?





the Czech Republic has been in the EU since 1 May 2004; i.e. for almost 3 years




|||



Thats not fair Peb.I knew the Czech Republic was in the EEC,I actually visited just 3 weks after they joined.



Mind you a lot of people still call it Czechoslovakia.




|||



I%26#39;m afraid the ordinary American%26#39;s response to this would be %26quot;What%26#39;s the EU?%26quot; Or...%26quot; where can I buy Bud Lite in Prague?%26quot;




|||



You have to put all non duty free liquour in your check on luggage. I brought 3 bottles back in my luggage and it arrived ok...I always bring bubble wrap me for breakables now. I miss being able to bring in on board but that is the way the world is at the moment.




|||



Am I one of the few people who have actually seen the news over the last few months?????

No comments:

Post a Comment