Sunday, April 15, 2012

Banks and ATMs



Going to Prague in March 07 and will be posting several more questions over the next few months. However I am starting with the important things, money.





When travelling I tend so take some local cash for first few hours and then use a ATM from then on.





Can any help confirm.





I know ATMs are common however I have read to use ATM%26#39;s inside a bank.





What are bank opening hours?



Are the ATMs on the steet un-reliable?





I arrive Thursday evening. Hence I am wondering about using a ATM on Saturday and Sunday.





thanks



jim




|||



many ATM%26#39;s outside of banks now, but obviously you need to take the normal precautions against phishing and the like. ATM%26#39;s standing alone in shopping centres are a lot more likely to have been tampered with than those attached to the walls of banks.





The ATM I use is the one on Kommercni Banka (part of Societe Generale group) on the corner of celetna and na prikope street. Only reason for this is that the ATM%26#39;s are in a separate room from the street. From 9 till 5 on weekdays, you can access the room through the automatic doors on the celetna side of the building and at other times, you put your card into the slot by the door on the na prikoipe side of the building, and if it likes you, it lets you in.




|||



I do the same as Peb except that I normally use the CSOB branch at the junction of Wenceslas Square and Vodickova. You can see my money advice at www.livingprague.com/money.htm





Good trip.



Jason




|||



Thanks guys. I plan to stay fairly central hence both these places should be ok.



Jim




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, August 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment