Thursday, April 12, 2012

How to call from Czech republic to N.America?

How to call from Czech republic to N.America not from Hotel?



I suppose that should be different phone card....What is the best phone card and where it can be purchased?




|||



Very easy. I took my cell phone and dialed 001 area code + phone number whenever I wanted to call home. Connection was as good as home. Make sure if you use your cell phone that your cell carrier has the ability to make calls from Prague.




|||



I know about cellphone...I was asking about phone cards (for $5 as they sold in Canada)




|||



AT%26amp;T calling cards are very good and cheap. You don%26#39;t ring 001 but the local number on the card which then connects you




|||



Thanks Peb7,



and what coin should I insert to call local number?




|||



if your%26#39;e in a phone box, you need a minimum 5 crown coin (but you will need more than one)




|||



Is the AT%26amp;T card still most recommended to use in Prague?




|||



often an AT%26amp;T calling card is much cheaper than using you own cellphone or hiring a cellphone (and is easier), but %26#39;best%26#39; depends on how long you are going to be calling, how frequently and at what time (peak or offpeak)




|||



I have an international MCI account where I just call a local toll free number, enter my id and pin, then the number (anywhere in the world). I am working here so I bought a pay as you go cell phone and there is no charge to do this. The charge is on the MCI bill. Doing this from a hotel you%26#39;ll incur the local call charge but that%26#39;s better than LD.



From a pay phone, I%26#39;m not sure what the procedure would be to call a Czech toll-free number...Peb?




|||



AT%26amp;T and other calling cards give a local number to call, which then connects you abroad, but you pay something like local rates




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment