Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lots of questions!! Sorry......

Good evening,





I have never been to Prague let alone the Czech Republic.... therefore lots of questions:





When is the best time to vist Prague in terms of weather?





What would the weather be like over the New Year, or February (Valentines)?





I must admit, I haven%26#39;t done any research on Prague, so where is the best place to stay for the nightlife?





For a 3* /4* hotel - what would I expect to pay for 3 nights, double room, including breakfast for the 2 of us. I don;t really want to spend more that £200 /£250 on a room for 3 nights for the 2 of us.





Can anyone recommend a nice hotel with breakfast, that is clean, preferably a smoking room?





From the airport, are trains avalable? or cheaper to get a taxi to the Central part?





Food, drink? What is the average price for a pint? glass or even a bottle of wine (I drink it by the bottle!!!!!!)





We like pubs, clubs, but don%26#39;t want a hotel that is right in the middle of the noise, a street away would be fine.





What is there to do %26amp; see in Prague? Any nice river cruises. Our main aim is to relax, enjoy each others company %26amp; have a few drinks in the evening.





It%26#39;s that I have seem some really good flights %26amp; am keen to see some City life, which I have never done before until last week when I visited Amsterdam, which I really enjoyed %26amp; with really good flights, there is no excuse in seeing other parts of the world.





Sorry if some of my questions are vague, it%26#39;s just I can get return flights for the 2 of us in Feb for £75.00 return total %26amp; it would be a great opportunity to experience different things, as I can%26#39;t even go to London for that price return.





I am sure I will be coming back with other questions, so I warn you %26amp; thank you in advance of your replies to my request for information.





Thank you x x x




|||



Hi,





I have visited Prague 7 times in all different seasons and have loved it every time.I use www.travelcook.com they are very good with a large selection of hotels and you do not have to pay upfront so you would not have to pay till Feb. I have stayed at the 7Angels hotel which is central ,clean ,friendly does a good breakfast and is reasonbly priced.



I think on your first visit it is a good idea to take a city tour on your first day so you can get your bearings and can always go back if there is something you found interesting etc again I used the above site for my tour (hotel pickup). Please visit St.Nicholas Church the other side of Charles Bridge its so beautiful !



Im going again in 2 weeks time so will find out prices of beer and food as it does seem to change each time I go.



The shopping centre at Flora is also worth a visit.





Bye



Phyllis




|||



www.livingprague.com is an excellent site and will give you lots of great info.Jason (Sova) who runs the site is a regular contributer here.



food and drink are relatively cheap compared to England and on average a beer (500ml) can be had for about 40crowns (£1) but it does vary.Pub meals are very cheap and one course meals can easily be got for well under 200crowns though again it varies.



look at www.classiccitybrew.com/prague for some traditional beerhall and pubs most serve good food and all sell reasonably priced excellent beer.



click on more about Unclegus and look at my go lists,might get a few ideas there.



www.pragueexperience.com and www.praguer.com will give you an idea of tours and walks as well as nights out,there are other companies as well and you will see their booths in various places in Prague.




|||



cold is the word for the weather. think you are asking a lot for 200 pounds for a 3 star hotel for 3 nights over new years eve and for a 4 star hotel over valentines




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 19, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment