Thursday, April 12, 2012

Weather and clothing in February

My wife and I will be staying in Prague for four nights in February 2007. I would be grateful if anyone could advise how extreme the weather might be at that time of year and what type of clothing and footwear to pack.



Hopefully if we wrap up the underfoot conditions will still allow exploration on foot ?





Thanks,





Eric, Scotland




|||



Who knows! I heard the other day it is going to be minus 20 in February... The weather forcast checked a week before your arrival will be much more reliable...




|||



We went in January last year. I think it is fairly certain to be cold so take lots of layers of clothes and don%26#39;t forget a hat to keep your head warm(er). I invested in some Long-johns which I found useful.





Also beware of winter smog which can be a nuisance if you are sensitive to that sort of thing.





That being said - you will love it!




|||



walking boots and layers (as the streets are cold, but the shops, pubs and trams are well heated) and a hat. don%26#39;t worry about what you look like - keep warm instead of looking good. Unless the temperature drops below minus 10, although the temperature will be below zero, it will probably feel no colder than winter in dumfries. The air is dry in prague, so the cold doesn%26#39;t seep into you - it is a bit like walking into a deep freeze





martina is absolutely correct that noone knows what the temperature will be in february (it should normally be near to zero here today, but it is about 10 degrees), and to check in the week before you come




|||



A good warm scarf! I can wrap it around my face if neccessary. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was cold for me coming from the US West Coast...I swear by my long underwear...kept me warm and toasty without looking like I had too many layers of clothes on..I purchased it at a ski shop...I also like my little ear muffs from the same shop that you can barely see but really keep my ears warm even under hats which can slip off the ears in the wind.




|||



I was there last february and while it was cold with flurries of snow it was similar to a winter in paisley or glasgow, a couple of layers and hat gloves and scarf and you%26#39;ll be fine




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment